my 14 month old could lock me out of the house! Yes, that's right Nolan discovered how to play with the door lock going out to the garage and sure enough the little booger locked me out...it wasn't on purpose...at least not at this age, I'm sure he will do it again one day and think it is funny but at this age I panicked. I had no hide-a-key, no open windows, no other doors unlocked, and no phone just me standing in the garage in fear. All I could think was he still puts EVERYTHING in his mouth...what if he chokes and here I stand in the garage helpless. I tried to pry the door open with a screwdriver which was a total fail....so I ran next door to the neighbors and rang the door bell...no answer...ran back home to talk to Nolan through the door to make sure he was still alive. Ran back to the neighbors one more time and thank the lord he was walking out his door. I've never met our neighbor, only given the wave as I drive by or see him doing yard work...but today he was my savior! He is a fire fighter and came to this mommas rescue today. He pried the door facing off and got the door unlocked in just a few minutes. Nolan stood there with tears streaming down his face and I scooped him up and gave him a big ol kiss. I thanked our neighbor about a million times and don't know what I would have done without him.
The crazy part of the story is that the hubby JUST changed the door knob from a lever style to a turn knob to ensure Nolan couldn't get into the garage. And on top of that I walked into the garage earlier today and thought "surely Nolan couldn't lock that door on his own at this age" boy oh boy...was I wrong, what a scary start to the day. He is now sleeping peacefully in his bed and I'm about to curl up in my cozy bed and forget about today. I sure hope tomorrow goes a lot smoother.
No comments:
Post a Comment